Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
Reporting to the Director Finance, the Finance Manager (Grants) shall be responsible for preparation/management of agreements with sub grantees, accounts payable, partnership database management, coordination & communication with technical team, resolution of accounting queries, supervision of accounting & book keeping. The Incumbent will be required to monitor project utilisation, as appropriate, to the specific requirements of the assigned project. S/He stays updated about the latest development in legal and project management applicable to the non-profit sector.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the modification, development, enhancement of grant management system for the grants given by donors; including systems for management of sub-grants to partners.
- Prepares contracts, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are incorporated and ensuring compliance with grant requirements as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Review budgets, cost items, and prices to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance for approved proposal and negotiate with contractors.
- Conduct grant negotiations, grant administration, and grant monitoring activities in accordance with the organisational policies and in alignment with the requirements set out in the donors’ grant agreement.
- Review, compile and maintain all required grant information from partners and project staff.
- Tracks all open contract actions to ensure timelines are met and attend all meetings where representation is required.
- Coordinate schedule of financial grant monitoring activities for grants, according to the organisational grant monitoring policy; participates in a joint review of grants to partners.
- Undertake travel for grant monitoring and ensure that all visits are properly planned and followed up with visit reports.
- Assist and provide support and required documentation during visits from donors and audit for the project/organisation.
- Ensure necessary filing of support documents, donor correspondence, relevant approvals and any other relevant background information as well as decisions taken.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the Supervisor and/ or CEO of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master degree in Commerce/MBA Finance or equivalent.
- Qualification of CA/CWA desirable.
- At least 5 years professional business or financial management experience which includes three years of grant financial management experience.
- Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to local and state government grants, capacity building proposals.
- Experience of working with grants or contracts funded by reputed international donors and corporate donors will be considered a significant plus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, as well as with staff at remote locations;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to positively influence decision-making.
- Competence in managing and analysing financial reports and data, including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, stay focused under pressure, think strategically and implement aggressively.
- Result orientation with strong customer and process orientation;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, in a complex, multicultural environment.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Assertive with strong negotiation skills.
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, both in English and Hindi.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary (up to 30% of the time).
Work Location: Mumbai
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]