Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
The use of technology for social impact is currently in the midst of a significant transformation, as corporate CSR teams, philanthropies, government, NGOs and other stakeholders realign their impact narrative and beneficiary engagement models to the power of digital. Therefore, the challenge we face at Samhita is how to compete as well as collaborate in with others to ensure a rapid action and response to emerging social challenges, and hence now are looking to modernize our technology in order to support expanded digitization of both the front and back ends of our business operations.
Therefore, we are looking to hire a dynamic, self-starter that can work with us to achieve the following vision:
- Reimagine the role of technology to be a business and innovation partner
- Reinvent technology delivery to drive a step change in productivity and speed
- Future-proof the foundation by building flexible and secure platforms
The role requires to work with both our existing tech platform, as well as a planned new platform that can seamlessly bring together philanthropic donors, implementation agencies and beneficiaries to a unified e-marketplace for social impact that automates and supports the entire lifecycle of social impact programs – Program Design & Discovery, Donor & Implementation partner connect, Bidding & contracting, Payments, Beneficiary onboarding and management, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Impact Assessment, as well as interfaces with other public and private systems in the social ecosystem.
We are hence looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to organize and drive strategic technology initiatives that help customers connect with our GoodCSR platform and GoodCSR business development team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define the mission, vision, and guiding principles for the platform; setting the objectives, analyzing the data to inform decisions, driving outcomes, and influencing the resourcing of your key initiatives to ensure they get done.
- Drive the creation of scalable, cross-cutting, solutions from concept to delivery with your cross-functional technology partners; you’ll be able to zoom into the weeds of a solution or back out to the CEO-level to communicate constraints and target outcomes.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress, confidence, learnings, and results.
- Simplify complexity for the team, drive smart tradeoff decisions, and deliver incremental value for the initiative with many different product & engineering teams.
- Force multiply the efforts of many teams to deliver impact by removing bottlenecks for them before they become roadblocks, optimizing working models, and instrumenting repeatable processes.
- Own the prevention of traditional failures in outsourced teams: bad understanding of the customer/business problem, weak collaboration between teams, interdependencies not being mapped early and often, weak technical solutioning (debt), gaps in testing, or unclear success measurement.
- Communicate and align with senior leadership, both within Samhita and CGF. You will effectively paint with context, enable collaboration and alignment, and drive high quality decisions and execution.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, software product management, software development management, or technical program management.
- A track-record of shipping complicated, cross-cutting, software solutions (products, systems, features) in an agile environment.
- A deep understanding of distributed systems and scalable solutions; you’ll be expected to help contribute to the design and development of new platforms and capabilities with outsourced vendor partners.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of government systems in India (ERPs, Single Windows) especially from the perspective of data exchange and interfacing
- Ability to liaise with solution developers in order to both write business requirement specifications, as well as was work with the developer team to oversee product development end-to-end
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation. You will need to bring the customer context into the team and understand things holistically that individual squads may miss.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights, clear opportunities, and viable solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization, and manage outsourced vendors effectively.
- A Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or other technical degree is preferred (or relevant work experience).
- Candidates with relevant certifications like CISA would be preferred
Work Location: Mumbai
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]