We are Samhita
Business responsibility and brand purpose in a better normal
The better normal re-imagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individual to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To achieve this, we are guiding companies in evolving from compliance-driven CSR to strategic and catalytic CSR that incorporates scale, sustainability and a stakeholder focus into business strategies. We enable companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of social issues, ﬁrst-hand experience and the networks to execute substantive impact initiatives and by utilising catalytic ﬁnance tools to promote a longer-term, outcome-oriented approach for initiatives.
This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, creating strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, helping you elevate your business responsibility, and creating a better normal for the communities and environments that interact with your business.
Sr. Associate Implementation will be part of the REVIVE program. Revive is a multi-stakeholder platform comprising philanthropic foundations, corporates, implementation partners, NBFCs, nonproﬁts to provide impetus to the livelihoods and income generation for bottom of the pyramid individuals and MSMEs affected by the pandemic. Through a series of curated interventions which includes ﬁnancial assistance, training and capacity building, access to social security digitalisation etc, the initiative seeks to revive livelihoods and build resilience for the long term.
REVIVE is incubated by MSDF, Omidyar Network, USAID, FCDO, UNDP and supported by several large corporate partners.
- Bring together multiple stakeholders, especially the government, companies, implementation partners and international aid agencies.
- Lead the development, adaptation, testing and mainstreaming of best/good practices in needs assessment, project design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and research.
- Work with the program implementation team to make sure every project being implemented (and developed) has a Log Frame or Results Framework.
- Ensure optimal coordination and collaboration of team members with relevant teams and contribution to relevant organizational initiatives.
- Provide regular value-added reports that identiﬁes & tracks the status of programs, projects, milestones and deliverables. Ensure effective and efﬁcient program monitoring; reporting processes are in place and implemented for all program activities.
- Ensure that lessons, learning and research around program quality is carried out and used for program quality improvement. Have and institute the highest standards of client impact and client service – be a role model and mentor on these dimensions.
Qualiﬁcations, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in on-ground implementation in the social sector
- Ability to quickly develop both an intuitive and data-backed view of customers’ needs and how to meet those needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change. Structured and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Stellar planning with the ability to prioritize amidst various / sometimes conﬂicting priorities. Adept at scoping out length and difﬁculty of tasks and projects and an ability to break down process steps
- Ability to bridge the gap between the nonproﬁt and for-proﬁt worlds. Exposure to strategy, CSR and private foundations would be a deﬁnite advantage. Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve is a must.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes.
- Demonstrated success of developing and evaluating program models and NGOs, and selecting and operationalizing programs.
- Strong knowledge of the development landscape in India and around the world, including an in-depth understanding of the roles of various stakeholders (government, academia, international institutions, foundations, non-proﬁt and corporate organizations).
Mission driven Organisation with the most inspired people around!
- Make a big difference: Take, Own and implement.
This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge Management and Research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture
Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
o Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
At Samhita, we believe that great companies are built by great teams. This philosophy is at the heart of our vision for the Samhita we want to scale over the next decade. A company with people at its core, where people are the biggest moat. A 75 people strong team of 26-year-olds that is based out of seven cities in India. If you are looking for an organization that truly cares about people and a CEO who is looking to bring the best of class innovation into CSR – Samhita is the place for you. We solve problems through collective action.
How to apply:
Forward your Linkedin page or CV to [email protected].