Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
Manager- Strategic Partnerships should be an ambitious, energetic and committed manager to create and forge meaningful and strong relationships with large corporates, donors and multi-lateral agencies to build an ecosystem that can facilitate social change at scale
Roles & Responsibilities:
Lead Generation and Market Analysis
- Identify and generate leads for potential customers / donors (directly / indirectly) to explore potential business opportunities.
- Conduct research of market and environment to assess customer needs.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Identify, evaluate and track opportunities for lead generation like events, conferences and seminars. Also participate in such forums as and when required.
- Manage client relationships end to end, from the point of initial contact to solutioning to keeping them abreast of implementation and the impact of the work undertaken.
- Work closely with other teams to develop impactful proposals based on alliances for corporates & donor organisations.
- Document best practices, specialized solutions, and integrate them while developing impactful proposals.
- Act as a liaison between the operational teams and key client contacts.
- Effectively communicate about work being done both internally and externally through various media working closely with the outreach team.
Development and Capacity Building
- Engage with implementation team and partners and ensure that strategy and implementation are in sync
- Nurture new talent
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Masters degree, preferably in Business, marketing or related field of study with 3+ years of strategy and consulting experience.
- Prior experience in development sector is preferred but not essential.
- Good commercial understanding.
- Good interpersonal, facilitating and influencing skills to engage a wide spectrum of external and internal stakeholders.
- Able to conceptualize and turn around thoughts and ideas into clear and persuasive concept notes and presentations.
- Open mind set that is attuned to the evolving business needs and dynamism of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team and managing with respect.
- Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity.
Work Location: Mumbai [preferred]
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]