We are Samhita
Business responsibility and brand purpose in a better normal
The better normal re-imagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individual to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To achieve this, we are guiding companies in evolving from compliance-driven CSR to getting them to be part of a strategic and catalytic alliance based on share values that incorporates scale, sustainability and a stakeholder focus into business strategies. We enable companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of social issues, first-hand experience and the networks to execute substantive impact initiatives and by utilising catalytic finance tools to promote a longer-term, outcome-oriented approach for initiatives.
This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, creating strategies that balance people, profit and planet, helping you elevate your business responsibility, and creating a better normal for the communities and environments that interact with your business.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and committed manager to create and forge close and strong relationships with large corporates, donors and multi-lateral agencies to build an ecosystem that can facilitate social change at scale
Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Lead Generation and Market Analysis
• Identify and generate leads for potential customers / donors (directly / indirectly) to
• explore potential business opportunities
• Conduct research of market and environment to assess customer needs
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
• Identify, evaluate and track opportunities for lead generation like events, conferences
• and seminars. Also participate in such forums as and when required
• Manage client relationships end to end, from the point of initial contact to solutioning to keeping them abreast of implementation and the impact of the work undertaken
• Work closely with other teams to develop impactful proposals based on alliances for corporates &donor organisations
• Document best practices, specialized solutions, and integrate them while developing impactful proposals
• Act as a liaison between the operational teams and key client contacts
• Effectively communicate about work being done both internally and externally through various media working closely with the outreach team
C. Development and Capacity Building
• Engage with implementation team and partners and ensure that strategy and implementation are in sync
• Nurture new talent
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
● Masters degree, preferably in Business, marketing or related field of study with 3+ years of strategy and consulting experience
Prior experience in development sector is preferred but not essential
Good commercial understanding
● Good interpersonal, facilitating and influencing skills to engage a wide spectrum of external and internal stakeholders
● Able to conceptualize and turn around thoughts and ideas into clear and persuasive concept notes and presentations
Open mind set that is attuned to the evolving business needs and dynamism of the organization
● Ability to work in a team and managing with respect
● Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
Work Location: Mumbai preferred
Mission driven Organisation with the most inspired people around!
At Samhita, we believe that great companies are built by great teams. This philosophy is at the heart of our vision for the Samhita we want to scale over the next decade. A company with people at its core, where people are the biggest moat. A 75 people strong team of 26-year-olds that is based out of seven cities in India. If you are looking for an organization that truly cares about people and a CEO who is looking to bring the best of class innovation into CSR – Samhita is the place for you. We solve problems through collective action.
How to apply:
Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected],