Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
As a Finance Associate, you will be required to coordinate with the implementation team on daily to weekly basis depending on the deliverables, understanding project related requirements for the company and client. Actively participate in fund and financial agreements. You will also be required to oversee all the processes, including creating timelines, ongoing transactions for the project, understanding MOU, project reports, etc., and work very closely with the implementation team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Making sure day to day operations are going smoothly.
- Approving invoices and making sure all invoices are sent out in timely manner and maintain complete MIS as per client with respect to invoices raised.
- Keeping up with client files, partner files and agreements/contracts/addendums are maintained.
- Communication with client’s finance team as well as partner’s request by bridging the gap.
- Maintaining company’s clients and partners financial record (Financial trackers, invoices, reimbursements for the project, utility bills and other miscellaneous).
- Assisting and coordinating with program team. Follow-up for new updates in terms of finance.
- Financial tracker: to keep a tab of fund flow for the project between clients and partners.
- Raise invoices: for the program and every aspect of the trenches in coordination with the project implementation team.
- Reimbursement: for partners, raising invoices in order to get reimbursement from client, collect bills and debit notes in coordination with the ground team, partners and finance team.
- Maintain financial record for utility bills: for partners and their centers.
- Other Miscellaneous: These may occur when a new aspect of the program is introduced or pending requests are to be carried out. To be coordinated with the partner or with the client.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance or related field of study with 2+ years of experience in MIS and reporting.
- Good understanding of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Basic Knowledge of Tally, Report preparation and basic accounts/finance understanding.
- Able to conceptualize, work independently, resourceful, numeric and analytical with a ‘hands-on’ disposition. Has an open mind set that is attuned to the evolving business needs and dynamism of the organization.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with good stakeholder management experience.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
Work Location: Mumbai
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]