The Solutions for Good initiative is in response to the challenges faced by non-profit organisations that are unable to create a transformational impact due to the lack of the skills and resources to build on their technology solutions.
Vodafone Foundation, along with principal partner NASSCOM Foundation, will seek to address this challenge by building technology solutions for select Not-for-Profit organisations in India and empower them to create large scale social impact. It can be in various sectors like Health, Education, Empowerment etc.
There are various sub categories under NPO segment – Health, Education, Agriculture & Environment, Women Empowerment, Awareness, Child Trafficking and others.
The key components for the measure of Solutions For Good will be Mobility and can have any of the below mentioned interfaces:
- Mobile App
- Web interface
- SMS Channel
- IVR Channel
- Indian registered NPO’s who have been registered on or before 30 June 2013 (three years from the announcement of awards).
- The proposed solution/concept should be based on mobile platform or shall leverage mobile-based technologies such SMS, IVR, USSD, and mobile apps.
- The proposed solution/concept should have max 6-8 months of development or delivery cycle.
- Known needs assessments, formal or otherwise, any relevant statistics or literature that supports the need are provided along as a part of supporting documents with the application.
- A list of project personnel, briefly describing their time commitments for this project, roles in this project and applicable experience to their project responsibilities is provided and supports the proposed project. (Resumes may be requested during consideration of the application.
- There are clear indications that the host organisation supports the project: commitment from supervisors, staff time, resources, and etc. A letters of commitment may be requested from the host organisation.
- Organisation can provide evidence that the team has the ability to scale the product if it succeeds in pilot testing, including attracting outside resources such as financial and human capital, if needed.
- The NPO shall be capable of demonstrating the success, scalability and sustainability of their project (through documentations – success stories etc).