Deadline: January 24, 2016
Startup Oasis is organizing tech4raj-2016 and inviting applications from all the NGOs and Social Enterprises in the below mentioned sectors –
Agriculture, Food & Dairy, Healthcare, Waste Management, Education, Affordable Housing, Handicrafts, Cleantech, Water & Sanitation, Livelihood.
tech4raj is a competition to encourage innovative prototypes/product innovation and ideas/startups by providing not only cash rewards and exposure but also hands-on supprt to commercialize and scale the idea/prototype.
- Prototype or idea has to be in the above mentioned sectors only.
- Prototype or idea has to have revenue model associated with it
- Entries from all over India are accepted but only those will be shortlisted which have operation or planned operations in Rajasthan
- 2 persons / team can’t send separate entry for same prototype. In such case only 1 entry will be considered
- 1 person/team can submit more than 1 application for different prototype
- Top 5 teams need to attend bootcamp and Udaipur Startup Fest on 5th and 6th February 2016. Accomodation and food facility will be provided by Startup Oasis.
For details on the application procedure, visit the link here.
Deadline: November 25, 2015
Scottish Government International Development Small Grants Programme is inviting International Development Agencies to advance their work overseas and encourage their growth.
Eligible Countries: Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Indian States of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa.
- Arts, Culture & Sport
- Health & Social Care
- People & Society
- Built Environment
- Education & Training
- Public Sector
- Business, Industry & Energy
- Law, Order & Public Safety
- Constitutional Reform
- Farming & Rural Issues
- Marine & Fisheries
International development agencies and Scottish-based Non-Governmental Organizations from the above mentioned countries are eligible to apply for the grant.
Interested applicants can apply by reading the instructions provided here.
Epic Foundation introduces a new global grant cycle for innovative organizations working on youth development in selected countries. Grants are given to non-profits, NGOs and social enterprises that work with children and youth by advancing their access to education, healthcare, rights and economic opportunities.
Organizations selected will be eligible to receive multi-year grants ranging from $50,000-1,000,000.
Countries from this year’s selection include India, Brazil and the United States. The selection process occurs in 3 stages. The first is an online application process which will be followed by more advanced screening.
Deadline: November 15, 2014
TATA social enterprise challenge is a joint initiative by the TATA group and the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) to create an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship and encourage sustainable, scalable and measurable social impact.
The challenge invites social entrepreneurs from across India, who either have an early stage venture or an idea with a proof of concept. The proposed venture needs to have a sustainable business model that creates social impact. There is no restriction on the business model and it can be for-profit, not for profit or even a hybrid model.
The challenge has three stages:
- Impact Proposal Round – In this round, teams will need to submit an ‘Impact Proposal’ through the website. The proposal is a detailed business plan format that has been developed to capture the needs and the impact created by any social venture.
- Semi-Finals – On clearing the Impact Proposal Round, a maximum of twenty teams will be invited to pitch to a panel of esteemed judges consisting of Social VCs, Social Entrepreneurs and faculty from IIM Calcutta.
- The Grand Finale – A maximum of ten teams will be selected for the Grand Finale and will pitch to a panel of esteemed judges, consisting of TATA Business Leaders, CEOs/Founders of Social VCs, Social Entrepreneurs and faculty from IIM Calcutta.
Business plans for the competition will be invited for all sectors including the following focus areas:
- Agriculture, Food and Dairy
- Healthcare, Water and Sanitation
- Technology and Development
- Microfinance/Financial Inclusion
For more information on the application procedure, visit the website here.
Deadline: August 20,2014
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are invited for appointment of a Cluster Management and Technical Agency (CMTA) for development of Bhagalpur & its adjoining areas as Mega Handloom Cluster in Bihar under Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS).
The Cluster Management and Technical Agency (CMTA) will be selected through two stages of competitive bidding process – Technical bids and the Financial Bids.
The nature of the proposed project warrants proactive technical and managerial assistance on “concept” to “commissioning” basis, for which a Cluster Management & Technical Agency (CMTA), having proven capability in terms of technical, managerial, financial, infrastructure and capacity building expertise that are required to design and execute cluster oriented interventions shall be engaged
The CMTA will proactively work with the cluster stakeholders and the SPV in implementation of the interventions.
For more information on the application procedure, visit the link here.
Deadline: April 3, 2014
Attend if you are a social entrepreneur!
UnLtd India is an incubator for social entrepreneurs that finds funds and supports early-stage social entrepreneurs to help them:
- Develop as leaders
- Accelerate their impact
- Prepare their organizations for scaling and further investment
UnLtd India is conducting a series of workshops geared to build your skills to launch a high impact organization. If you are a passionate individual and committed to building a social enterprise (for profits, non-profits or hybrids), come along to the workshop(s) that suits you!
Since 2007, UnLtd India has supported over 100 organizations and over 170 individuals to develop their social impact vision into reality.
Date: April 3, 2014
Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Address: UnLtd India Office
3rd Floor, Candelar Building
Mount Mary STEPS, Bandra (West)
Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050
Please RSVP for the event here
Samhita Social Ventures would like to present the learnings and key takeaways from CSR in Healthcare – Making it Work conference. The event held at U.S Consulate General, Mumbai on December 12, 2013 aimed to assist companies to play a larger role in socially relevant healthcare interventions.
This paper documents information and learnings from the conference, namely the major issues in healthcare in India, what companies can do to impact the healthcare sector, some best practices from the field and a framework that companies can use to design their CSR programs. The document particularly highlights the big messages from the conference backed by preliminary secondary research.
Click here to read the findings from the event.