Deadline: August 30, 2015
The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) foundation is currently accepting applications from the eligible individuals of India for the programme intended to protect Environment, Cultural heritage and Wildlife.
- To contribute to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage of Asia Pacific, and to encourage travel and tourism industry stakeholders to reinvest in Asia Pacific destinations
- To help people in Asia Pacific countries acquire the tools they need to become better stewards of their environment and cultural heritage, and to foster economic solutions to conservation problems
- To give PATA and the travel and tourism industry a stronger voice in the international debate on environmental and cultural heritage conservation
- To support educational initiatives that target travel and tourism stakeholders, including residents of destination communities, visitors and industry employees, to make all parties aware of their impact on cultural heritage and the environment.
Projects that are considered deserving of a PATA Foundation grant are those that seek to protect, conserve and/or educate. They usually have one or more of the following objectives:
- Protect the natural environment, including wildlife
- Conserve cultural heritage, including arts and crafts, heritage sites and historic buildings
- Educate people on the importance of environmental and cultural heritage.
Each grant is usually for amount up to $10,000.
- Applicant must be from the Asia Pacific Region. Indians can apply.
- PATA Foundation does not make grants for planning, organisation, management, or conduct of conferences, workshops or seminars except possibly, for the production of a report.
- Applicants’s Project must be based upon above mentioned objectives to protect, conserve and/or educate.
Click here for details on the application procedure.