- Read the latest event agenda here.
- If you are interested in attending the event, fill out this form here, and we will get back to you soon.
Ambuja Cement Foundation (ACF) and Samhita are hosting the ‘Investing in Water: For Today and the Future’ Conclave, on December 14, 2018.
Water is an impact multiplier. Access to clean and sustainable sources of water, has implications on health, economic activity, productivity, livelihoods and community growth. Earlier this year, the NITI Aayog warned that India is facing its worst water crisis in history. It alerted that the demand for potable water will outstrip supply by 2030 and that twenty one cities including Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad will run out of groundwater by the year 2020. Nearly half of Maharashtra is currently facing drought-like situations. Climate change will also greatly affect the water cycle, exacerbating the water crisis.
At the conclave, Amit Chandra, MD, Bain Capital, Jayamala Subramaniam, CEO, Arghyam, Nimesh Sumati, Co-Founder, Caring Friends, and others from Ambuja Cement Foundation, Yes Bank and Tata Water Mission will explore multi-stakeholder investment and collaboration in water, and how to create an enabling environment for the same.
Ambuja Cement Foundation and Samhita are bringing together different players working or interested in the water sector to:
- Seek synergies for public-private, private–private sector partnerships in the area of addressing water scarcity.
- Facilitate exchange of experiences and good practices that promote sustainable water management practices.
- Date: December 14, 2018
- Location: 18.99 Latitude, Kamala Mills, Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Time: 9.30 am – 3.30 pm