The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB) in Germany within the context of International Climate Initiative (IKI) invites project outlines from a broad range of participants from Germany and abroad for the 2016 grant opportunity.
Funding will be granted to activities in the field of policy advice, capacity building, technology cooperation and investment and implementations of policies, strategies and approaches.
Stages of selection process:
- BMUB normally issues an annual call for proposals along with the corresponding support information. Those interested can submit project outlines in German or English within a set deadline.
- These must be prepared using the project outline templates available on the IKI website.
- BMUB evaluates all project outlines in this format that are complete and were submitted to the IKI Programme Office in time.
- The Ministry makes its selection based on the funds available and seeks the approval of other relevant ministries.
- Applicants will be informed in writing of the evaluation result.
- In the second step, applicants whose projects were selected will be requested in writing to submit a formal funding application and will receive the necessary templates and instructions.
- BMUB evaluates the project applications received and then makes the decision on funding.
- If a project requires a letter of political support from the partner country or guarantees under international law, this will have an effect on the project’s start date.
Areas of support
- Adaptation to climate change
- Conservation and sustainable use of natural carbon sinks/REDD+
For information on application procedure, visit the link here.