Deadline: May 15, 2017
Foreign Policy Interrupted’s Fellowship program is targeted to diversifying voices and opinions in the foreign policy space. The program has two core components:
- An educational module that includes media training, a guide to understanding the media, and brand building
- A non-resident “externship” with a major media outlet. Fellows will work with a given outlet and editor to better understand the inner workings of a news organization; and to develop the fellow’s portfolio and voice around her expertise
The educational module runs for six weeks online, for one-hour each week. Our fifth fellowship cycle will start at the beginning of June 2017.
Applicants for an FPI Fellowship ideally have at least three years of full-time professional experience. For interruptors on an academic track, applicants must have completed their master’s degree.
While we encourage applicants to have already authored pieces or appeared as commenters on radio or television, such experience is not required. Achievement and a demonstrated interest are, however.
Applications for our fifth fellowship cycle close May 15, 2017. Application materials include:
– CV, citing presence on social media, if applicable (#2017)
– A video clip, no more than a minute, of you commenting on your expertise. This video should be recorded specifically for the application. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine.
– In no more than 1000 words, tell us how an FPI fellowship fits into your career path
– Two published writing samples, if applicable
– List two people who can speak about your qualifications and provide their contact information
– Send materials to [email protected] in ONE document. Please try to include the video in your email, though if the file size is too large, please upload to our Google Drive folder.