The Indian woman has come a long way. A few decades ago, her concerns centered on issues of emancipation or how she could enter professions that were male bastions of power. Today, she is a preferred choice in most professions and increasingly shares equal opportunities with her male compatriots. What’s more, she aspires to take center stage and is more willing than ever to take on global leadership positions.
Dun & Bradstreet’s ‘Dare to Lead’ initiative creates a platform through which women entrepreneurs and leaders empower the next generation of women to aspire to leadership positions.
The 2015 roundtable event took place on the 10th of March 2015. Samhita’s Founder and joint -managing director, Ms. Priya Naik, was invited to address the gathering. Other eminent panelists included such as Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairman , SBI, Dr. Deepali Pant Joshi, Executive Director, RBI and Ms. Harshbeena Sahney Zaveri, Managing Director & President, NRB Bearings Ltd.
The Dare to Lead initiative aims to:
- Share inspirational success stories in all walks of life
- Bridge the information gap and address the challenges of career advancement faced by the new generation women
- Express ideas and opine on pertinent issues and enhance awareness on a broad range of subjects
The panelists shared both professional and personal success stories in their journey to success. This year’s panel was focused on 4 main areas of discussion:
- Strategies for maintaining a Work Life Balance
- What makes a good leader: Different leadership styles
- The Impact of Women in the Boardroom
Specific Challenges faced by women professionals in today’s corporate world
Dare to lead serves as a sustainable forum that enables an on-going exchange of ideas on key issues impacting women in Indian businesses.