Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) jointly invite call for proposal from consortium of organizations belonging to eligible countries for Scaling Up Food Security and Nutrition Innovations under the Canadian International Food Security Research Fund.
The call will support projects that aim to develop, test and apply ways to scale up food security and nutrition innovations, particularly ones that address the needs of women small-scale farmers as core users. It will support projects that take effective, pilot-tested innovations to a wider scale of use and application, to deliver meaningful development outcomes through the effective deployment of scaling up models, delivery mechanisms and approaches. working relationships between Canadian and developing country organizations.
- Gender Equality
Preference will be given to projects that are able to contribute co-funding and mobilize third party resources to support and expand the scaling up process – before, during and after the life of the project.
- Application must be made in partnership between two or more organizations from eligible countries. At least one of which must be Canadian and at least one must be an eligible country organization.
- International organizations are eligible to apply as developing country collaborators, provided that they have regional chapters or offices with appropriate legal status to operate and manage funds in the eligible countries where the research will take place.
- Applicants must ensure that they have the necessary team in place to effectively manage a research project of this size, including, but not limited to project coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and communication activities.
- A person is eligible to be a team member on a maximum of two projects in this Call. One person cannot be a team leader on two projects. Any person who is currently a principal investigator on a CIFSRF funded project is not eligible to be a team leader on an application in the current call, but s/he may be included on the team of one application in the current call.
- Applicants submitting proposals for work in India will need to provide a copy of the form for their organization when submitting their proposal. An FCRA form will also need to be attached for any third-party organization based in India.
For more information, visit the link here.